Melbourne Car Attack: Australia Police Charge Man
A man accused of driving his car into pedestrians in the Australian city of Melbourne has been charged with 18 counts of attempted murder.
Former Afghan refugee Saeed Noori, 32, is due to appear before magistrates later on Saturday.
He also faces one count of conduct endangering life.
More than a dozen people are still being treated in hospital after the incident in Flinders Street on Thursday.
Three are in a critical condition. Nine of the injured are foreign nationals from countries including South Korea, Ireland, Venezuela, China, India and Italy.
Melbourne police said the suspect was interviewed and charged after being released from hospital on Friday.
Police have previously said they are not treating the incident as terror-related.
However, security has been stepped up around the city.
Police said there would be a “highly visible” presence of officers at the fourth Ashes Test at the Melbourne Cricket Ground between Australia and England, which starts on Tuesday.